Carrot Juice - Lacto-fermented
Contains 300 chemicals to fight candida – stabilizes blood sugar so good for diabetics Also Stabilizes iron in the blood so good for anemia. Also activated dietary pectin (a water soluable fiber ) which is mucous forming and helps to reline the gut with mucous
From Kathleen at Pickl-it.com Makes 1 ½ liter jar
- Use about One to 1 ½ lbs of carrots - Need to be biodynamic -non sprayed or Organic carrots, - don't peel, but just scrub clean.
- Make ahead 1% brine - Use ideally Brazillian White Salt or a non processed salt You will want to weigh your salt. 1% brine for 4 cups filtered (no chlorine or fluoride) water Use 4 cups water and 9 grams of salt. If you don't have the salt that dissolves instantly, will need to heat the water to near boiling, add salt, stirring till salt dissolves, then wait several hours till brine cools to room temperature.
- Shred carrots
- then Pulse in food processor with S blade till like wet sand or mud like and will stay in a wet ball. May need to add ½ cup to no more than 1 cup of the brine at this stage to get the right consistency, depending on the moisture content of your carrots.
- Will have around 3 cups of this carrot pulse
- put the carrots into the 1 ½ liter pickl-it jar
- Fill the jar rest of way to Shoulder only with the 1% brine.
- Stir the carrots into the brine
- Put lid on and insert airlock – fill with 1 ½ tablespoon water – snap cover on airlock
- Secure a towel around the jar – not covering airlock.
- Ferment on counter at around 72 degrees for 3 days.
- Put in Refrigerator for 17 days with airlock in place -do not open Pickl-it.
- Strain to remove pulp – can cook with the pulp. - Put juice into swing top bottles . If leave in Pickl-It, leave carrots in, but move to bottles when strain out fiber.
- Drink no more than 1 oz. Daily on empty stomach in morning.
- May increase amount to 1/3 cup daily max.
- in Pickl-it the carrot fibers with the juice ready for 3 day on-counter ferment
- Swing top bottle is after 3 day on-counter and 17 day refrigerated ferment - strained and ready to drink
Can do Fruit juices too with 1% brine.