- Salt is a strong natural antihistamine. It can be used to relieve asthma by putting it on the tongue after drinking a glass or two of water. It is an effective inhaler without the toxicity.
- Salt is a strong “anti-stress” element for the Body
- Salt is vital for extracting excess acidity from inside the cells, particularly the brain cells. Excess acidity can damage the cells DNA structure & be the initiating mechanism for cancer formation in some cells. If you don't want Alzheimer's, don't go salt-free or use diuretic meds. Salt is vital for kidneys to clear excess acidity. Without sufficient salt in the body, the body will become more and more acidic.
- Salt is essential in the treatment of emotional disorders. Lithium is a salt substitute that is used in treatment of depression. Salt will prevent depression.
- Salt is essential for preserving the serotonin and melatonin levels in the brain. Maintaining self-confidence and a positive self-image - as controlled by serotonin and melatonin production
- Salt is vital for the prevention and treatment of cancer. Cancer must live in a low-oxygen environment. In a well-hydrated body, salt expands the volume of blood circulation to reach all parts of the body where oxygen and the immune cells in the blood can reach the cancerous tissue and destroy it.
- Salt is vital for maintaining muscle tone and strength. Lack of bladder control is indicator of low salt intake.
- Salt is effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats
- Salt is essential for the regulation of blood pressure – in conjunction with water. Low-salt with high water intake will in some people actually cause blood pressure to rise. If you drink water and do not take salt, the water will not stay in the blood circulation adequately to completely fill all the blood vessels. This can cause fainting, tightening of the arteries (rise in blood pressure) , constriction of bronchioles in the lunges (breathlessness) To quiet a racing and “thumping” heart, Take one or two glasses of water and a little salt on the tongue
- Salt is vital for sleep regulation – it is a natural hypnotic. If you drink a full glass of water, then put a few grains of salt on your tongue and let it stay there, you will fall into a natural, deep sleep. Caution: Do not use salt on your tongue unless you also drink water. Repeated use of salt by itself might cause nose bleeds.
- Salt is vitally needed element in the treatment of diabetics. Helps balance the sugar levels in the blood and reduces the need for insulin.
- Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy in all the cells in the body.
- Salt is vital to the communication and information processing of nerve cells in the brain
- Salt is vital for the absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
- Salt is vital for clearing the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky phlegm particularly in asthma, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis . Also Catarrh and sinus congestion
- Salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs
- Prevention of gout and Gouty arthritis
- Prevention of muscle cramps – especially in unexercised muscles. Should also increase vitamin and mineral intake Body Balance
- Preventing excess saliva production to the point that it flows out of the mouth during sleep.
- Reducing a double chin. The salivary glands produce more saliva to lubricate the act of chewing and swallowing and to supply the stomach with water that it needs for breaking down foods. Therefore circulation to the salivary glands increases and the blood vessels become “leaky” in order to supply the glands with more water with will increase the bulk under the skin of the chin, cheeks, and into the neck.
- Makes the structure of bones firm - 27 % of the salt content of the body is stored in the bones in the form of crystals. These salt crystals are used to make bones hard. Thus, salt deficiency in the body can cause salt to be taken out of the bones to maintain its vital normal levels of salt in the blood.
- Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Maintaining sexuality and libido.
- Preventing varicose veins and spider veins in the legs and thighs.
- Sea salt contains about 80 mineral elements in trace amounts. Ordinary table salt has been stripped of its companion elements and contains additives such as aluminum silicate to keep it powdery and porous. It has also been dried at over 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit; the excessive heat alters the natural chemical structure of the salt.
Aluminum is toxic to the nervous system and is implicate as one of the primary causes of alzheimers.
- Salt intake before exercise will increase the lung's capacity for air exchange. And decrease excess sweating. Caution: excess potassium is bad for asthma. Ex. too much orange juice, bananas, or sports drinks, especially if taken before exercise can cause and exercise-induced asthma attack. This is why it is good to add salt to Orange juice, melon or other fruits to balance the sodium-potassium.
See Dr. Mercola's interview with Barbara Hendel to learn more about using salt (eye/nasal solution) 2lb. In tub for 20-30 minute to detoxify and absorb minerals. Also Salt Lamps Vibration – healing. Salt goes into air ionizing electrical polution + & _ Balances.
IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS OF SALT