A truly healthy energy boost with no added sweeteners
Use this a an idea and the choices of what you can put in are up to your imagination
Melt Together at low heat:
- One Cup Chocolate Chips – Find some high in Cacao
- ½ cup Peanut Butter or other nut butter – Should have no Hydrogenated oils and preferably organic
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Add in to melted Mixture :
- One Tablespoon Chia Seeds to hydrate
Stir together Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups Fermented Granola – see recipe below
- 1 cup finely chopped Raw Walnuts or any nut of your choice
- 2 heaping scoops of Whey Protein ( I like this one. http://new.lifeforce.net/product/26/aminocharge )
- ½ cup coconut flakes – unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Ceylon Cinnamon – Can find this at Azure Standard
- If you LOVE raisins like me and have a source that are not sweetened add ½ cup of raisins.
Optional addins :
- Ground Sesame Seeds
- Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- Do not add in Ground Flax seeds as Flax seeds raise estrogen levels more than soy does.
- Dry ingredients with the melted mixture
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Will need to keep refrigerated as they will melt due to the coconut oil in warm (76 or more) temperatures.
Turkish-Fig Coconut Oatmeal Granola-Fermented
Makes Approximately 7 cups 1 ½ Liter Pickl-It
Stir following ingredients in a large bowl – at least 8 cup measure
- 4 cups old-fashioned organic rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1 cup finely minced organic Turkish fig (or dates, raisins, or other favorite dried fruit – I use my homegrown and dehydrated raisins)
- 1 cup finely chopped organic raw pecans (or nut of choice)
- 5 grams sea salt (unrefined – should have color to it)
- 1 tsp. Ceylon Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
Mix following wet ingredients together in a separate, 4 cup glass measuring cup
- 1 cup hot water (about 140 degrees) - Put rest of ingredients in with the hot water as heating so they mix well together.
- 1 ¼ cup who fat grass fed raw milk yogurt (or substitute kefir- which is what I use - or cultured buttermilk)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Pour Wet ingredients together in large bowl with dry ingredients and “fold” the ingredients just until moistened.
Spoon into 1 ½ Liter Pickl-It
Latch Pickl-It closed
Fill airlock with 1 ½ T water
Wrap towel or thick cloth to block light and put in dark place , allowing it to sit at room temperature for TWO days.
Using a small Ice Cream scoop about 1.5 teaspoons – drop ½ inch to ¾ inch dollops of loosely packed granola onto Teflex sheets, leaving airspace between each mound.
Dehydrate for an hour at 145F – this increases the internal temperature avoiding bacterial and mold development
After an hour, break the granola “dollops” in half.
Reduce dehydrator temperature to 125 F, continue to dry for another hour
Turn Dehydrator down to 95 F , until the granola is thoroughly dry.
Store in a wire-ball container to maintain crispy texture.
Variation: Use leftover cooked oatmeal. Replace dry oatmeal called for in this recipe and reduce the 1 cup hot water to ½ cup hot water.